Reporting to the Executive Director, the Operations Lead plays a critical role in leading the day-to-day effectiveness of Kamloops Hospice in accordance with our vision, mission, and values to enhance the quality of life of person and their families facing death through skills and compassionate care.
The role is responsible for overseeing operational functions including infrastructure and maintenance, health and safety, risk management, licensing, and social enterprise. The goal of this position is to ensure Kamloops Hospice achieves optimum productivity and effectiveness in business operations.
As a member of the Leadership Team, this role will contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
A Diploma in Business Administration or other related degree which includes a minimum of 3 years’ experience in organizational management and leadership of people. An equivalent of experience, skills and experience may be considered. Preferred experience with healthcare quality improvement methodologies.
Skills & Abilities
- Possess a strong commitment to the Kamloops Hospice vision and mission
- Experience in finance and operational management
- Exceptional relationship skills and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and takes a collaborative management approach
- Possess knowledge in budget development and financial management
- Possess a demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Knowledge of licensing
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view with an adaptable and decisive approach to problem solving
- Hands on attitude to get things done with the ability to manage change to a successful conclusion
- Ability to accept as well as delegate responsibilities effectively
- Possess a high comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Financial software
To apply please submit resume and cover letter to Erin Gardner, Acting Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)