Temporary Part-Time Marketing Assistant, through the Canada Summer Jobs Program.
We are looking for a Summer Student to undertake a variety of marketing and administrative tasks for Kamloops Hospice Association.
Hours: 26 hours a week from May 24- August 20, 2021, flexible for weekends.
- Responsible for updating social media sites
- Assist with developing marketing materials
- Assist with development of advertising campaigns
- Update the website
- Reviewing materials and communications for previous events to help improve marketing
- Interfacing with the public and sponsors
- Preparing communication and marketing materials for events
- Researching sponsors and prize donors to prepare sponsor’s stories for website and Facebook
- Drafting letters and emails to request sponsors and to thank donors
- Drafting press releases about events
- Preparing and scheduling Facebook posts;
- Helping draft automated letters in our donor management system for donor stewardship
- Covering front desk in the absence of regular staff
- Helping with general administration including document management
- Distribution of marketing materials
- Currently a post secondary student in a relatable field
- Must be between 15-30 as per Canada Summer Grant Program, returning to school in September 2021
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Compassionate, must have sensitivity & understanding of the issues unique to Hospice/Palliative Care.
- Have a respectful, friendly & professional manner when dealing with the public, guests, family members and coworkers
- Good written and oral, communication skills
- Good time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Able to work independently, or as part of a team
Please apply by email with resume and cover letter to:
Erin Gardner, Programs & Operations Manager