The Kamloops Hospice Association has been supporting families and loved ones with end-of-life compassionate care since 1981. We operate the Marjorie Willoughby Snowden Hospice Home, a 12-bed facility, Flutter Buys Thrift Store, and provide support through community programs.
The Finance Coordinator reports to the Finance Team Lead and is responsible for the supporting the organization with financial related activities such as accounts payables, bank deposits, statistical reporting, and creation of electronic files
This is a part-time role (24 hours a week) with flexible hours based on mutual needs.
The key components of this role are as follows:
Ability to work with a data base and extrapolate information to create required reporting.
- Preparation of bank deposits.
- Accounts Payable.
- Prepare statistical reports.
- Creation of electronic files and forms.
- Provide support with bookkeeping and payroll as required by the Financial Team Lead.
- Provide support as required for fundraising major events and initiatives, following appropriate financial protocols.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of a Post Secondary education with Bookkeeping/Accounting program or comparable experience.
- Vendor Relationship Management experience, fundraising/donor experience an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks while working to tight deadlines
- Detail oriented and the ability to produce accurate and timely reporting.
- Demonstrate problem solving skills and adaptability to new processes.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
To apply please forward a cover letter and resume to Erin Gardner, Acting Executive Director. (email@example.com)