Finance & Administrative Manager
Kamloops Hospice is a non-profit Association serving thousands of people and their families in Kamloops and the surrounding area impacted by terminal illness. Our mission is to be the centre for Excellence for Hospice Care by delivering community programs, in-house patient care and bereavement support.
We are looking to hire a Finance & Administrative Manager. The role is responsible for the financial stewardship and health of Kamloops Hospice Association. The Manager participates in the strategic growth, planning and organizational development in support of advancing the vision, mission, and values of the organization. The incumbent will work at a .8 capacity (i.e. 30 hours per week).
- Develop and maintain standard financial and administrative procedures
- Manage financial and administration activities to achieve financial goals, with responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations within the company
- Develop business plans, timelines and budgets to perform financial projects
- Oversee client/member/donor/fundraising database administration
- Support and collaborate with fundraising staff on major events and initiatives, following appropriate financial protocols
- Oversee and support thrift store management with annual budgeting and targets, as well as ensure appropriate cash control policies and procedures are in place
- Provide leadership to team members while building a culture of collaborationthat is consistent with the overall organization
- Provide training and guidance to Finance and Administrative teams as needed
- Develop overall performance management systems for the finance and administration departments, including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning
- Oversee and ensure compensation conditions and employment records comply with legislation
- Oversee all systems, infrastructure and equipment related to the IT and phone systems
- Actively participate on the Leadership Team from a financial and strategic perspective
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the Leadership Team
- Perform other related duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Commerce, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Completion of a CPA designation or working towards completion is preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a financial or non-profit setting at a management level, with a minimum of 2-3 years supervisory/leadership experience
- Proficiency in payroll processes, Sage, Word, Excel, and web-based applications
- Familiar with Information Security principles, and knowledge of IT process best practice
- Strong data management skills; understanding of relational databases
- Strong project management skills, with a proven ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Detail-oriented and the ability to produce accurate, timely financial reports
A competitive total compensation package is provided including benefits and RRSP matching.
Applications to be sent by August 14th to Wendy Marlow, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org