Counselling at Kamloops Hospice
Grief counselling allows individuals who are struggling with an impending loss, or death of a significant person, to understand the impact of emotions and gain tools to navigate their grief.
Counselling is provided in a safe and confidential environment at Kamloops Hospice. To schedule a counselling appointment, please call Kamloops Hospice at 250-372-1336. Our counselling fee is $50 per session. We are unable to provide services to those whose grief is compounded by complex mental health and/or concurrent issues.
Please note: Counselling support is free of charge to patients and loved ones during their stay at Kamloops Hospice.
KAMLOOPS HOSPICE GRIEF SUPPORT GROUPS
- Women’s Grief Group: A 6-week grief support group for women who have experienced the death of their spouse/partner.
- Good Mourning Coffee Club: A 6-week support group for men who have experienced the death of their spouse/partner.
- Moving through Loss: A 6-week support group for adults who have experienced a recent death of a loved one.
- Children & Family Grief Group: An 8-week play and art-based grief group for children ages 6-12 who are grieving the death of a loved one. Caregivers will have an opportunity to connect and learn ways to support a grieving child.
- Youth Grief Group: An 8-week support group for youth ages 13-17 that focuses on a variety of coping activities to help youth navigate their journey with grief.
- Caregivers Support Group: A free monthly support group for caregivers helping someone with a chronic health condition or life limiting illness.
- Anticipatory Grief Group: A 6-week support group for adults who are anticipating the death of a significant person.
- Navigating the Holidays Workshops: A 2-hour crafting workshop for individuals and families who have recently experienced the loss of a family member. This group is appropriate for all levels of crafters and will provide them with tips on how to face the holidays in grief.
All grief groups and individual counselling sessions are facilitated by experienced grief counsellors and trained volunteers. Our groups require a minimum number of participants. Please contact us for information regarding registration and fees.
Counselling services can be reached by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (250-372-1336) for further information on how to access individual or group counselling support.