At Kamloops Hospice Association our mission is to enhance the quality of life of persons and their families facing death and bereavement through skilled and compassionate physical, emotional and spiritual care in the setting of the individual’s choice. We serve with Honesty, Empathy, Accountability, Respectfulness and Tenderness.
Term of Employment: Permanent, part-time
Benefits: Dental, extended health, RRSP Program and competitive wage structure
Hours of Employment: 24 hours per week, Sunday to Wednesday with the option to work additional hours to cover other team member’s holidays or special events and projects
To keep our building clean, sanitized and safe for patients, staff and families utilizing various industry methodologies.
- Clean and disinfect solid surfaces within the facility, including patient rooms, common, volunteer, staff and admin areas, and washrooms. Maintain soft surfaces, such as carpets, furniture and ensuring soft cleaning supplies are cleaned daily.
- Notify management of deficiencies or needed repairs (i.e., replacing light bulbs, broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks, etc.)
- Be a positive member of the team
- Follow all health and safety regulations
- Performs other related duties as assigned which could include deep cleaning tasks and special projects
- Proven working experience as a cleaner or related/similar experience; will consider candidate with a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Takes pride in work and creating a clean and safe environment for patients and families