Registered Nurse (Casual)
Kamloops Hospice Association currently has a casual (on-call) opening for a Registered Nurse at the Marjorie Willoughby Snowden Hospice Home in Kamloops, BC.
This rewarding position offers the opportunity to:
- Provide specialized end-of-life care with responsibility for the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of our patients and their families
- Work with a dedicated team of health care professionals
- Receive ongoing education, training and development in the area of hospice care
- Work in a relatively calm and quiet health care environment
The successful candidate will possess the following credentials, skills, abilities, and experience:
- Current Registered Nurse with a minimum of 3 years nursing experience
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide client-centered care
- Ability to communicate and interact with patients and their families effectively and empathetically
- Reasonable level of computer skills (Windows, MS Office, Internet and email)
- Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work with a strong eye for detail
- Ability to work independently during evening / overnight shifts
Recent experience in a hospice or similar palliative care environment is an asset.
As our Hospice Home is a 24 hour per day / 7 day per week operation, candidates must be willing to work 12 hours shifts which will include night shifts, and weekends.
If you are interested in working with our team, please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Kristin Pierobon, Clinical Care Supervisor
Kamloops Hospice Association
72 Whiteshield Crescent South
Kamloops, BC V2E 2S9
Applications may be submitted by mail or email, or can be dropped-off in person at our office.
We will continue accepting applications and interviewing candidates until our position is filled.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, only those who are shortlisted for further
consideration will be contacted.
Our hospice team consists of RNs, LPN's, Care Aides, Counsellors, Administrative and Program Managers. If you are interested in joining our skilled and compassionate team, please send us your resume including a short description of your philosophy of hospice care to email@example.com
Resumes will remain on file for 6 months and will be reviewed as positions become available.