Casual Comfort Day Centre
'What a difference a day makes'
The day program is offered to clients who are living at home with a life threatening illness (excluding Dementia) and who may be experiencing the daily challenges of their diagnosis, treatment and social isolation that arise from their illness.
It is an opportunity to meet weekly in a safe, comfortable atmosphere and receive support from other clients, staff and volunteers.
BENEFITS OF THE DAY PROGRAM
- The opportunity for socialization, activities, support, information and education, relaxation and complimentary therapies.
- Respite for the Caregivers.
- The companionship of others experiencing similar health challenges.
- Support from trained staff/volunteers and resource people.
- Promotes a sense of well-being and normality.
- Ongoing monitoring of health - pain/symptom/psychological.
- Referral to in-home support when required.
The Program runs 10am-3pm in the Day Room at the Hospice Home 72 Whiteshield Cres. South. There is a nominal fee of $10 a day which includes lunch/refreshments.
Clients can be referred by:
- Family Physician
- Community Nurse
- Palliative Care Team
- Discussion Groups
- Art Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Animal Therapy
- Memory box/books
- Reading Group
- Complimentary Therapies (Reflexology/Reiki/Massage)
- Creative Writing
- Arm Chair Aerobics
- Pain/Symptom Management
- Psychological Support
- Guest Speakers
- Educational Workshops
For more information about the Day Program please contact Jenny, Day program Coordinator, at 250-372-1336 or by email at email@example.com